Monday, July 7, 2014

At the end of the Road

Hope was once my friend

( G are u listening?)

Hope
Was once my friend,
comfort, source of bravado.
Now somehow
I’m not so sure,
is she  an ally
or a foe?

When our love was new
all I had was you.
And Hope.

She was there
while we  laughed
and cried
in our own fashion,
steadying us
with all our passion.
Hope
Became a bedrock of faith
for  what I though would be
everlasting  union.

Now, eleven long years later
Love is stale,
your betrayal fresh.
I’m enmeshed
in a broken bubble.

My friend Hope
who once  lent courage
for commitment,
she  now causes hurt
blinds my judgement.

All around is pain
inside as well
know I should leave
brave the rain.

But tiny little wisps
of hopeless hope
whisper
of rainbows…
the warmth of her lips
makes me
linger.

Hope was once a  friend,
but now I’m not so sure.
Have I waited too long ?
Am chilled with dread…
Is my numbness
that of the dying
Or that of the dead?


No comments: