Monday, July 7, 2014

Edit Mode



( For Z surely… and  Y and X)

I tone down
my smile.

Control
the warmth in my voice.

Command
my eyes not to linger on your face.

Turn down
the volume of my heartbeat

Swallow
my words.

Hold back
arms that want to touch you.

Hide
my excitement when you call.

Cos I’m not sure
How you feel bout me.

And at my ripe old age
How  can I allow  the cool woman
Façade
To drop?

What if you think I’m “depserate”?
What if you think I’m a slut”?
What if you think I’m “after marriage”?
I’m not any of these things.
No
Its too frightening.

I’ve struggled to even admit to myself
that I like you
I’m attracted to you,
Enjoy talking to you
Want to get to know you better.
Ok I admit this much,
but how can I let you in on  all this
I must reach for the “mouse” and
CUT and DELETE.

But  that’s easier said than done.
I’m dying to know
are you doing the same thing
as me?



No comments: