Monday, July 7, 2014

Am not looking for Love



Am going to be forty soon
More than halfway down
This road of life
Or maybe
more than half way
Up!.

You say you “love” me
Want me, adore me
But I’m not looking for love.
I’m  sorry.
I’m  just looking around
For a feeling
Don’t know what its called
That allows me
to be myself in every way.

I once yearned for Love
to help me blossom
Reach for the stars
Looking back I see
A love that gave me joy
Awakened my tenderness
She also made me pretend
To be someone I’m not
Someone I don’t even want to be.

Love smothered me
Muffled my strength
Hid my mind
Curbed my interests
Defined my dreams
Fashioned my life
Took over
Consumed my passions
Leaving me
Breathless, distorted
and tired from too much deception.

No thank you darling
Don’t want that ever again
I’ve  just found myself
Am not going to surrender me
Or disappear another time.

Now tell me
Do you still “love” me,
want me, adore me?



No comments: