Tuesday, July 8, 2014

When Love and Fear Come Visiting

Love
like warm  sunshine
beckoned.

Somewhere ..deep inside me
a silent ‘alarm” was received
even as
my  umbrella of self defence
briefly, unfurled.

My sanitised  safe space
a  cocoon,  I had so carefully crafted
now seemed like a vaccum
suffocating, strangulating me slowly.

The lover  too persevered
Lowering his own fences
Exposing his demons,
His dreams and  delicious delusions
Exploring fantasies and fears
Trembling trepidation….
My  penumbra was now swaying
and softening
midst tender caresses 
secure embraces
Of someone’s …Understanding
And my own yearning.. to belong.

Eons later
The sunshine of loving
Has given  new life
A blooming, a flowering
Never dreamt of
Before.

At times, the same sunshine scorches
Love hurts….The lovers demons surface
My own innards hang outside.
Vulnerable and gullible now,
I search my inner recesses desperately
For my old defences, my “umbrella” ..
Only to find
That the  gentle breezes of love
Have blithely, cruelly….. blown it away.
OUUUCHHHHHH

No comments: